Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Move to Safford

 Sunday, March 14, 2021 - Safford, AZ

Since the drive was only 1.5 hours, we were not in a hurry to get up and get packed.  We arrived safe and sound, but the drive here was no fun.  We just needed to drive across I-10 then north on US 191.  All was going well until we started heading north on US 191.  The wind was unbelievable.  Someone pulled up next to me pointing at the back of the car, so I pulled over.  The front of my bike had come loose from the bike rack and was dragging on the ground.  We got it put back up, but I decided to keep an eye on it.  We went down the road several more miles and the wind caused the bike to come off the rack again.  This time Mike used a bungie cord to hold it on.  As we started back up again, Mike pulled over almost immediately.  I called him on the radio to find out what was going on and he said something is wrong with the truck.  I never like hearing that!  

The wind was so strong that he had me stay in the car while he looked to see what was wrong with the truck.  Soon he was able to get it running and we made it the rest the way up to Safford RV Park.  Once Mt. Graham was next to us the wind died down a little.  Thank goodness.

You can see the tires on my bike have a little extra wear and tear on them now, but thankfully, no other damage was done. 

We have a nice site and we only plan to be here until we get electricity out at our lot.  Hopefully that will be soon.  :)


They had a St. Patty's day dinner at the community center.  Corned beef and cabbage!  It was delicious!  And we found out they have dinner every Wednesday night.

It was another wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment