Thursday, April 18, 2019

February 2019

Saturday, February 2, 2019 - Mission, TX

This evening we met Robin and Scott at the Republic of the Rio Grande.  This is restaurant Mike has been wanting to take me to, so this was a good reason to go.
It was great catching up with Robin and Scott and trading adventure stories.  The food was good too.  :)

It was another wonderful day!

Monday, February 4, 2019 - Mission, TX

This morning while I was sitting at my computer Gracie started fussing and when I looked out this is what I saw.


It is an armadillo.  Gracie wanted to go out check it out up close.  It did not seem to care that she was in the trailer barking at it.  :)

It was another wonderful day!

Wednesday, February 6, 2019 - Mission, TX

Once again Gracie started making noise, but when I looked out this time it was a javelina. 

But before I could get my phone out to take pictures of it, it had gotten under the fence.

It was another wonderful day!

Tuesday, February 12, 2019 - Mission, TX

I think this is the first time I have seen the CBP riding on dirt bikes.
I know they have SUV's, helicopters, horses, ATV's and vans.  Now I see they also have dirt bikes.

It was another wonderful day!

Friday, February 15, 2019 - Mission, TX

 The sunrise this morning was beautiful.  As always the pictures don't do it justice.

This afternoon while Gracie and I were walking on the dirt road next to the canal I saw a couple of turtles on the dead logs in the water.  They are very hard to see in the picture.
It was another wonderful day!

Friday, February 22, 2019 - Mission, TX

Sue, John and Kim were supposed to leave this morning for Florida, but John is sick, so they have rescheduled for Sunday.  Hope he gets better soon!

I was scheduled to fly out of McAllen at 5:30pm to fly to Dallas, then on to Fort Myers, FL.  Well at about noon I got a text message letting me know my flight had been rescheduled for sometime on Saturday morning.  So I made a call to American Airlines asking if there was any other flights that would still get me to Fort Myers today.  I took the flight from Brownsville airport to Dallas, but I now had to hustle and drive over there.  I arrived in Florida safe and sound around 1:00am.

It was another wonderful day.

Sunday, February 24, 2019 - Fort Myers, FL

I can't believe I have not taken any pictures so far.  We have been having a great time and the weather has been great.  John and Sue arrived safe and sound this morning.

This is a picture of the back of the house mom and dad rented this year.
And this is picture looking down the canal on the pier.  And I did get Sue, John and Kim to stand in the picture also.  :)
It was another wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment