Saturday, December 5, 2020

Great Platte River Road Archway

 Friday, August 7, 2020 - Kearney, NE

Today after I was done with work we headed over to the Great Platte River Road Archway.  It was already closed but we walked around the grounds anyway.  It was very nice and I hope to be back there again sometime to see it when it is open.




This monument spans over 300 feet over I-80.  

After walking around a little we headed out.  The setting sun was really big and beautiful.

Before heading back we drove around a little more and made a quick stop by the Fort Kearny State Historical Park.  The Fort was closed, but we walked around the grounds a little.

We also stopped and read a couple of historical markers, but I did not take any pictures of them.  I really need to start doing that.  :)

It was another wonderful day!


No comments:

Post a Comment