Sunday, November 22, 2015

Travel Back to Campbellsville

Sunday, October 25, 2015 - Campbellsville, KY

After saying good-bye to everyone Mike and I headed back to Campbellsville.  Normally it would take us about 11 to 11.5 hours to get back.  We just follow I-64 to Lexington, KY.  I did not turn on the GPS because I figured we have driven this route enough times we would not get lost.  :)  Well...I-64 and I-81 come together for a while, then I-64 splits back off.  Well about 15 miles out of our way we realized we missed the split.  We were busy just talking and weren't paying attention.  That added 30 more miles to the trip.  But it was a beautiful fall day.




I still did not turn on the GPS thinking we won't do that again...  :)  Later in drive I-64 and I-77 come together in West Virginia for a while.  Well...we missed the turn and ended up going south on I-77 instead of north.  We did not realize it until we got to exit 1 in West Virginia.  We turned around in Virginia!  This detour was a total of 80+ miles.  This time I turned on the GPS and left it on for the rest of the trip.  :)  Evidently we don't pay attention to road signs anymore!

We finally arrived back home in Campbellsville around 9:30pm.

It was another wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment