Saturday, March 7, 2015

Dinner with Uncle Mike and Valerie



Sunday, March 1, 2015 – Fort Myers, FL

This morning Mom, Dad and I headed for 9:00am Mass at St. Andrew’s.  After church we went back to the house.  Patsy pulled out her Qwirkle tiles and we taught Mom and Dad how to play.  This is a game that Sue showed Patsy and I how to play last year and I really enjoyed it.  After a couple of games of Qwirkle we headed to the Boat House for lunch.  When we got there the line was so long we decided we would try Ford’s Garage. 


The food here was very good and so was the service. They have many different kinds of beers, so Patsy and I decided we would each get a sampler.  You could pick 4 different kinds from their list of draft beers.  I had Imperial Red, something orange, sweet water 402 and sweet water blue.  Patsy ordered a couple of different ones, along with a bottle of hard root beer.  We tried the hard root beer first.  I was surprised how much it smelled and tasted like root beer.   That is a drink that could be trouble for me. I also really liked the sweet water blue.

Earlier today Mom got a hold of Uncle Mike and Valerie and invited them over for dinner.  When they arrived we were in the pool relaxing and dinner was in the oven.  Patsy made a chicken casserole with chicken, spaghetti sauce, tortellini and green olives.  It was very good!  

After dinner we played a game of Qwirkle and a game of Toss Up, which is a simple dice game.  I could not seem to do well at either one, but we all had a great time.  :)

It was another wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment