Saturday, March 7, 2015

Head back to Uvalde



Monday, March 2, 2015 – Fort Myers, FL
Today was my last day here.  Once again the weather was just beautiful.  When we got up we put on our swimming suits and headed for the pool.  I really enjoy swimming. :)

After taking my shower and getting ready for the day I threw my dirty clothes in the washing machine.  While we were waiting for my laundry to finish we pulled out the Qwirke tiles and played a couple of games of Qwirkle.  Dad won the first game and then I finally won one.  :)

Once my laundry was done, I quickly packed everything up and we headed to Pincers Crab Shack for lunch.  The food was very good and the waitress was great!



After lunch we headed for Total Wine and More, which is a liquor store that the waitress from Ford’s Garage told to go to if we wanted to buy any of the beers they sold at the restaurant.  We wanted to buy some of that hard root beer.  Wow what a store.  If they don’t have the kind of liquor, wine or beer you want, then you are just too picky!  :)  We picked up some hard root beer and hard red cream soda beer.   We bought 3 six packs and I took 2 bottles from each 6 pack and stuffed them into my luggage.  Sure do hope they make it home ok.  :)

It was getting to be time for me to get to the airport to catch my plane back to Uvalde.  Dad says next year they want me to stay for a whole week and I just might take them up on that.  :)

The flight from Fort Myers to Dallas landed about 25 minutes late, so I only had a 10 minutes to make it to my next flight.  I did me some running.  I always hate running through an airport.  I made, but did not have any time to spare.  Both flights were good and when I got to San Antonio Mike was waiting for me.  :)

Once we got home, around midnight, I wanted to check to make sure the bottles made it, but cap on one of the loosened up and I had wet smelly clothes.  Guess I will be doing laundry tomorrow.  :)

Mike said it has been a heavy mist every day since I left.  Looking at the forecast it looks like it is supposed to last for the rest of the week.

It was another wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment