Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Department Meeting

Friday, August 28, 2015 - South Bend, IN

We ran the Suburban over to the service center as soon as we got up, so they could finish up the work and find out why the engine light was on.  We told them the Suburban had to be done at 11:00am, I was headed for La Porte again today.  Well when we got there they said it was ready and the engine light was on for the gas gauge.  That did not make much sense, since the gas gauge has not worked for a couple of years now.  They reset the error code and told us it was fixed, so we hopped in the car and headed out.  We did not even make it around the building when the engine light came back on.  I pulled back into the service bay and the service manger went and got the code reader.  He showed it to us, but we realized the gas gauge code was historical.  Imagine that!  The intermittent engine miss was the current code!

I needed to get going and I was not going to be taking the Suburban.  They gave me a car off the lot to "test drive".  Call it what you want I had a car to drive.

I got to La Porte just in time for our department celebration of all of our accomplishments for the past year.  :)  I had a really nice time catching up with all of my co-workers.  And they served a really nice lunch.


When I got back I went straight to the dealership figuring the Suburban would be done.  I was wrong.  They still did not know exactly what was wrong!  So I walked back to the campground, which was just behind the dealership.

Around 5:45pm they called to let us know the Suburban was done.  It turns out when the mechanic put the distributor back on he missed a tooth.  It is fixed and it looks like we will be able to leave on Monday as planned.

It was another wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment