Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Poor Owl



Friday, February 6, 2015 – Uvalde, TX

It was another very cool and cloudy day today. 

After work Mike and I headed into town to pick up Valentine cards and candy to send off to the kids and grandkids.  :)  When we got back and after dinner, Mike headed up to the shop to work on his airplanes.  I joined him, but for just a little while to enjoy some conversation with Thomas and Patricia.  I was really tired, so I headed back to climb into bed.  At about 11:45pm Mike opened the door and called in to ask if I was awake.  I woke up, but was confused, so I did not answer right away, so he closed the door.  Now I was really confused.  In just a couple of minutes I could hear Mike talking with Thomas and Patricia about an owl up on the electric pole.  When I looked out the window I could see flames, so I decided it was time to get up and go outside to find out what was going on. 

It appears an owl had gotten electrocuted and now the owl and the pole were on fire.  We did not know the name of the electric company that services this area, so we called 911.  Then we went over to Jeff’s place, which is right next to Thomas and Patricia’s and woke him up to let him know what was going on. 




Before AEP arrived the owl fell off of the pole.  But the pole was still on fire.  AEP was able to get the fire put out!  :) 



Finally around 2:00am we headed for bed.

It was another wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment