Monday, June 13, 2016

Fly to Nogales

Friday, June 10, 2016 - Nogales, AZ

I was up early this morning, 3:30am CT, so I could get to the airport in time to catch my 7:00am ET flight.  It was an uneventful flight, which is what I like.  My first stop was in Atlanta where I had a 1.5 hour lay over.  Then off to Tucson.  We were a couple of minutes late taking off, but we arrived about 25 minutes early.  Mike wasn't there yet but, just as I was getting to the exit doors to the airport, he was walking in.  I surprised him from behind a pillar.  :)

It was about 12:30pm local time, so we decided we would get some lunch before checking out any campgrounds.  We stopped in Green Valley at Rigabertos Mexican Food.  I thought it was a sit down restaurant, but it was more like a fast food place.  It was still good, just not what I thought it was going to be.


After lunch we stopped by the De Anza RV Park just south of Green Valley.  It is a very nice park and so far it is first on my list of places to stay this winter.  Right next door is Mountain View RV Resort.  It is a little run down and looks like an old KOA.  With De Anza right next door, we are not going to consider this one.

As we continued down the road toward Nogeles we stopped in Tubac just to check it out and found out there was a campground there.  There was an information center in the Tubac Presidio State Historic Park, so we asked them about campgrounds in the area.  They let us know about the Flying W RV Resort, which is just down the street.  It is off the beaten path and seems ok, but they only have 30 amp service.  So we ruled this one out.

While we were at the information center we found out why I-19 is in kilometers and not miles.  I-19 was being built while Jimmy Carter was President and he wanted to convert all of the US to the metric system like the rest of the world, so he had I-19 done in the metric system.  Very interesting.  :)

Since it was still early we decided to check out Patagonia RV Park in Patagonia, AZ.  This is even further off the beaten path.  It is very small and doesn't offer much.  The sites that look like we would fit in, do not have sewer.  And it is about the same distance from Nogales as De Anza.  So we ruled this one out.

Well that was all of the campgrounds that we could find, so if we are going to stay in a campground I guess it will be De Anza.  :)

For dinner Mike wanted to try City Salads.  It is a fast food place that serves salads.  They have burgers too, but we both ordered a salad.  They have 3 different size bowls of lettuce.  And depending on the size of the bowls determines the number of toppings.  I got a small with bbq chicken, plus 3 vegetable toppings.  Mike had a large with parmesan chicken, plus 5 vegetable toppings.  It was very good.

It was another wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment