Sunday, January 15, 2017

New ATV

Monday, December 5, 2016 – Amado, AZ

This morning the plan was to work for several hours, go to the bank, fill up the Suburban and run by the U-Haul store to pick up a car hauler.  Things were going along as planned, and then I got a very interesting phone call.  More on that later.  :)

At 11:00 I headed for the bank.  Before heading out I stopped by the office to make sure it was ok to park the U-Haul trailer temporarily over in the field next to the office.  While I was there they informed me that they need us to move to another site.  So now it looks like we will be busy Saturday morning moving the rig.

It seemed to take longer than normal at the bank to get a cashier’s check, but I got it.  I stopped by the gas station to fill the gas tank on the Suburban, and then headed for the U-Haul store in Amado.  All I needed to do was pay for and pick up a car hauler, so we could pick up the ATV we are buying.  Well let’s just say after about 45 minutes I walked out of the store without renting the car hauler and I was very frustrated!  It was now 1:00pm and I was gone from home a lot longer than I planned!

When Mike got home we headed for a U-Haul store in Green Valley.  Mike was able to rent the car hauler!  Then we headed for the east side of Tucson to pick up the ATV and follow Brian, the seller, to his bank to get the title.

When we arrived at the bank they told us we had to have cash!  Really!  We have never heard of a bank refusing to take a cashier’s check.  We found a branch for our bank near here, so we headed over there to return the cashier’s check and get cash.  The teller at our was wonderful and she has never heard of a bank refusing to accept a cashier's check either.  We were absolutely not comfortable carrying that much cash around, but fortunately it was a short distance between the 2 banks.  We eventually got all of the paper work done and we headed home with our ATV!
 
It was another wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment