Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Tony heads out and Winery tour

Sunday, September 7, 2014 - Williamsburg, VA

Last night Tony spent the night with Jess and Mike J.  This morning Mike and I headed back down to Norfolk to have breakfast with all of them.  We went to Bay Local in Virginia Beach.  The service was a little slow, but the food was good.  Tony did not like his selection.  He ordered pancakes and requested bananas, but he thought he would only get bananas on top, not cooked in the pancakes.

We brought Tony back to the trailer, he gathered the rest of his stuff, then he needed to get on the road back to Indiana.  It was wonderful seeing him and I am hoping that it is not as long next time.  :)

Shortly after Tony left Mike and I got our grocery list together and we headed out.  On our way to the store I decided I wanted to go to the Williamsburg Winery.  It is just a little further down the road from the airport we had lunch at a couple of weeks ago and I have wanted to go there ever since.  :)

Since Mike was going to be my DD they did not charge him for the tour and tasting.  :)  It was $10 for the tour and tasting and it was a very nice tour.  At the end of the tour we were able to taste 7 different wines.  I really liked a couple of them and ended up buying 3 bottles of wine.  :)  The 2 bottles of Settlers' Spiced wine I plan to take to Indianapolis sometime this fall to enjoy with my sisters.  :) 





We did finally go to the grocery store.  Then we headed home and relaxed the rest of the day.  :)

It was another wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment