Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Library and Tool Clean Up



Saturday, January 17, 2015 – Uvalde, TX

This morning we slept in just a little.  It sure did feel good to know we did not have to get up for anything special.  We took Gracie for a nice long walk around the fish hatchery this morning.  While we were on the walk we stopped on a bridge just to look at all of the animal tracks in the water.  Gracie pulled on the leash and down I went.  There was a hole at the edge of the bridge.  My one foot hit the water and my hand hit the gravel.  Just tore off a little skin.  :)
When we got back to the trailer Mike wanted to open up one of the tool boxes on the back of the truck because it had taken on some water.  He was very disappointed to find several of his tools had rusted.  So we ran into town to pick up some 3 in 1 oil and a small wire brush.  :)

While we were in town we found the church and checked out the times for Mass tomorrow.  It looks like we will be going to 9:30am Mass.  After finding the church we went looking for the library. 


It has a real nice museum in it that explains how the towns in the area grew up and what crops they are growing in the area.  It was very interesting.

I was able to use the WiFi while Mike was checking books and videos.  I was able to get all of my pictures uploaded and the blog updated.  :)  Soon one of the ladies at the desk announced the library would be closing in 15 minutes.  I packed up my laptop and Mike checked out a couple of books and a video.  We then headed out to Ace hardware to pick up the couple of things we had come in to town for.  Before heading back home we stopped by DQ for some ice cream.  :)

When we got back Thomas and Patricia wanted to take their gliders out for a flight, so Gracie and I walked over to where they were going to launch the planes and Mike came over on the Gator.  I really enjoyed watching them fly.  The thermals were not very good today, but it was fun to watch all the same.




Mike finally did get busy cleaning up all of his tools.  He will not be putting them back in that tool box.



This evening the 4 of us hopped on our bikes and took the dogs for a run.  When we got back I had picked up a throne in my front tire.  We will need to get this fixed before I will be able to ride my bike again.  :)  I don’t seem to have good luck with bicycle tires….

It was another wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment