Thursday, January 8, 2015

Travel to Tyler, TX

Thursday, January 8, 2014 - Tyler, TX

When I got up this morning it was only 20 degrees outside!  We headed south to get away from the cold.  What is up with this.  :)

We were on the road around 9:30am, but we only made it about 40 miles down the road when we ran into a problem.  An error code appeared on the dash of the truck.  At the exit we had planned to take Mike was unable to shift out of 10th gear.  Because the truck was having a problem Mike turned the wrong way at the top of the hill.  At the next stop sign we came to a stop and this is where we sat until the tow truck came. 

This was view that Gracie and I had.  :)  That is I-20 below us.


After about an hour of sitting at this intersection the tow truck finally arrived.  Since Mike was successful at getting the truck into neutral, the tow truck driver asked if we could roll forward to the other side of the intersection, so he would not block the intersection as he got us hooked up.  This is what it looked like.


Fortunately we only had to go about 15 miles to Hall Volvo in Tyler, TX.  When we arrived the lady at the service counter told us that it would be 2 or 3 days before they would be able to look at it.  I thought "Oh no now what are we going to do!"  Well after checking the phone for the nearest campground, which happen to be only 0.6 miles down the road and 5 star rated, we now had to find someone to drive our RV to the campground.  So now I checked the phone for RV dealers in the area.  I called one of the dealers and they gave me a number for someone that would be able to tow it for us.  When I called, I found out he just got out of the hospital and would not be able to drive until Sunday.  I called the RV dealer back and got another number.  I the meantime, the wonderful lady behind the counter was also trying to find a tow for us.  Before talking to the second guy from the RV dealer she let us know that one of the employees was going to use his truck to tow us.  :)  The gentleman towed our home to the RV park and when we tried to give him money he just said "Just pay it forward"  :) 

The RV park is named #1 RV Park of Tyler, yes that really is the name of the park.  :)

After getting set up Mike just happen to look down the road and saw this sign.  :)  We both just started laughing and I just had to take a picture.


It is not a bad park, but it is not anything special.  It will definitely work for the next couple of days.

By the time we were done setting up it was 2:00pm and we were both hungry.  Mexican sounded good to me, so I looked on my phone again for a good Mexican restaurant.  We chose Don Juan on the Square in downtown Tyler.  Both the food and service were great!





After our late lunch we headed back home and took Gracie over to the dog park.  She really enjoyed it.  :)

It was another wonderful day!?!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment