Monday, December 26, 2016

Madera Canyon

Sunday, September 18, 2016 - Amado, AZ

This morning after Mass we decided it would be a good day to head for higher cooler country.  So we went to Madera Canyon.  The temperature up here is about 10 to 15 degrees cooler than at the RV Resort.  So that made it about 85.  :)  We checked out all of the trails and decided to go on a shorter one.  So off we went.  I tried to take a picture of the trailhead sign.
It did not look readable, so Mike stood behind the to see if it would make it more readable.  I am not sure it worked.  :)
Along the trail we came across a small waterfall that Gracie wanted to check out.

It was a very rugged trail and I was really struggling to keep up.



We saw this unusual tree and I just had to take a picture of it.
 Pretty soon I was just to tired to go any further, so Gracie and I waited for Mike while he went just a little further up the trail.
Soon we got back down to the picnic area and checked out the sign for the Old Baldy Trail.  It looks like a trail I would have enjoyed when I was younger, but the way I feel today it is not going to happen.

It was another wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment